Families and honeymooners alike adore this small Caribbean island. Activities range from the relaxing (sunbathing on golden-sand beaches, visiting Colonial villages, soaking in thermal baths) to the active (ziplining through the rainforest canopy, windsurfing in the clear blue water or climbing a dormant volcano). Enjoy the unique experience of walking between the steaming sulfur springs of volcanic Mt. Soufrière. On Friday nights, visitors join locals for outdoor dancing? and seafood dinners.
Hewanorra Airport, in the South of the island, is 1 hour’s drive away from Rodney Bay where all the main tourist areas are and where we pick up our passengers. There are many taxis at the airport and the drive is usually U.S. $90 or if you prefer, we can make arrangements for a taxi to meet you at the airport for the same cost.
We find it normally works best to try to fly in to another island and get a cheap connection to George F.L. Charles airport in the west of the island. Transport arrangements from George Charles airport are the same as from Hewanorra.
Trip Advisor Advice
When is best to visit St Lucia?
- On average, the temperatures are always high.
- A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the months: January, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.
- On average, the warmest month is August.
- On average, the coolest month is January.
- December is the wettest month
- April is the driest month.